Recipe! Salmon Quiche
The salmon and eggs in this quiche are lean proteins that are also rich in phosphorous. Phosphorous is a mineral that helps to strengthen teeth. The cheese, yogurt and salmon in the quiche are also rich in calcium, which helps to keep teeth strong.
Number of Servings - 6
Prep Time - 20 minutes
Cook Time - 45 minutes
1 cup corn flakes
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons oil
1 cup shredded cheese
1 (7 3/4 ounce) can salmon
6 slightly beaten eggs
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Wash your hands, prep area, and vegetables. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Drain canned salmon and flake with a fork. Generously grease bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set drained salmon and plate aside.
3. Crush corn flakes to make about 1/3 cup total. Sprinkle greased pie plate with corn flake crumbs, turning pie plate to evenly distribute crumbs.
4. In small skillet, cook onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle cheese and salmon over onion.
5. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, flour, dried dill, salt and pepper.
6. Carefully pour egg mixture over salmon and cheese. Place pie plate on center oven rack.
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve.