Happy New Year!
We hope you are beginning 2022 with gratitude for finishing 2021! Now is a great time to look into the future with the knowledge of the past.
We have come a long way in the last couple of years, and we want to tell you that you are doing a great job. We believe in you and all that you do.
We created a short list of thoughts to help you start 2022. We hope they inspire you, bring a smile to your face, and spark a positive and lasting change.
1. Anytime is a good time to start something! Even though people make resolutions at the beginning of the year, there is no rule book to say you can't start something new anytime you want! That means, if things didn't go so great yesterday, you can begin TODAY with a fresh start.
2. Learn something new! Need some inspiration? Check out wichealth for a lesson that looks interesting. We bet you will find a topic you like. Or check out our Health eKitchen. There are over 250 recipes waiting to be discovered. Bonus!: They include many ingredients covered by your WIC benefits.
3. Make a grocery list and a meal plan! This is a great way to keep to a budget and make the most of what you already have in stock. Check out our lessons titled Maximizing Food Dollars and Making a Meal Plan. You can find both of these lessons in the Planning Simple Meals And Snacks category.
4. Make a positive change. Keep in mind, this change doesn't have to be big! Sometimes a little change can make a huge difference. For example, take a minute each day to focus on your breathing. Or, make an effort to drink an extra glass of water each day. Maybe take 5 minutes to stretch with your kids. The time you spend doing these small activities can make a BIG difference in your daily life.
5. Choose healthy eating patterns. All the food you eat and drink over time creates your eating pattern. An eating pattern that keeps you and your family healthy is called a healthy eating pattern. Check out our lesson titled Help Your Child Develop Healthy Eating Habits for some inspiration for your whole family. You can find this lesson in the Feeding Your 2 To 5-Year-Old category.
We hope these ideas help you make some positive changes beginning today. You are already making great strides! Reading our blog is a great start!
Hey?! What about contributing to our blog? We would love to hear about the positive changes you are making. Sharing your experiences with others is what our blog community is all about. Want more information about writing a post? Check out the details right here!
About the contributor:
My name is Terisa, and I'm a wichealth team member. I am a vegetarian and mother of 3 kids. I love running and making my house a home. 💙
Another post by Terisa: